You spend a lot of time breathing in the air in your home, so it is important to take necessary steps to ensure the air is as clean as possible. This is especially true if you have a baby or young child. Below are things that you can do or buy to ensure the air you, your family, and pets breathe will not compromise your health.
Serene Waters Wall Fountain
Dimensions: 36"H x 21"W x 6"D
- Change Your Furnace Filter - Many people wait too long to change their furnace filter. Not only does this affect the air quality in your home, it makes it difficult for your furnace to work efficiently. If you have central air, a clean filter will extend the life of the air conditioner compressor.
- Have Duct Work Cleaned - Scheduling routine air duct cleaning will help protect your family from breathing in mold and other harmful contaminants. Don't wait for someone to become sick to have your ducts cleaned.
29inch Natural Stone Wall Fountain with Resin Frame and LED Light
Dimensions: 18.75"W x 29.5"H x 4.25" D
- Carpet Cleaning - Even if you vacuum every day, there is still particles left behind. Carpets should be thoroughly cleaned regularly because anything in the carpets obviously gets into the air. If you have pets or a smoker in the house you will need to clean them a little more often.
- Wall Fountains - Most people view wall fountains as simply being dynamic pieces of art. Well, they certainly are, but they are also good for your health. This is why they play such a strong role in feng shui. The movement of water creates negatively charged ions. Usually the word "negative" would mean something bad, but not in this case. Negative ions neutralize positive ions in the air, which include dust, dander, pollen, germs, viruses, and bacteria. Interestingly, research done at Columbia University also suggests that negative ions boost oxygen levels in the brain, and increase serotonin levels. Serotonin is a hormone responsible for regulating digestion, and it promotes increased energy and a positive mood.
Walla Indoor Wall Fountain
Dimensions: 9"D x 10"W x 37"H
- Beneficial Plants - One can never have too many air-cleaning plants around the house. Top recommended picks include bonsai trees, Boston ferns, rubber plants, weeping figs, peace lilies, areca palms, Australian sword ferns, and English ivies.
- Retire Wood-burning Fireplaces - If you have a wood-burning fireplace it is pretty much impossible to have healthy air in your home. Smoke releases toxins that contribute to cancer, asthma, allergies, respiratory illnesses, and other medical conditions. Consider transforming that fireplace into a healthier option with a bio ethanol insert.
Here at Soothing Walls, we offer you the widest selection of wall fountains
available at the most affordable pricing. Check out our video on Youtube!